Monday, February 18, 2019
Norman Regional Health System’s Healthy Heart Event has been rescheduled for March 26 due to expected weather conditions for Feb. 19.
The Healthy Heart Event includes a free blood test, blood pressure screening, and risk assessments, information booths on heart health and wellness, and a cooking demonstration with Dr. Kyle Toal, a cardiothoracic surgeon at Norman Regional. The event will be hosted from 5-7 p.m. March 26 at Norman Regional Hospital’s Education Center, 901 N. Porter Ave.
Norman Regional is offering everyone who attends the Healthy Heart Event a free lipid profile and A1C blood test. The blood test must be completed by Saturday, March 23 in order to have the results in time for the event. Blood work will not be drawn at the event. Simply visit any of Norman Regional's lab locations during normal business hours and mention the Healthy Heart Event's complimentary blood work. Fasting a minimum of 12 hours is suggested to have an accurate result. Plain water is allowed to avoid dehydration. Lab locations include:
- Doctor's Park Building, 500 E. Robinson St. Suite 1600 in Norman
- Outpatient Diagnostic Services, 901 N. Porter Ave. in Norman
- West Norman Professional Building, 3400 W. Tecumseh Rd. in Norman
- HealthPlex Hospital Outpatient Services, 3300 HealthPlex Parkway in Norman
- Women's Healthcare Plaza, 3400 R.C. Luttrell Dr. in Norman
- Norman Regional Moore, 700 S. Telephone Rd. in Moore
Anyone who has already had their blood drawn for the event does not need to get another blood test. Results will be provided at the event on March 26.
The event is open to anyone. Registration is not required.
For questions, please call 405-307-7787.