Friday, May 22, 2020
Norman Regional Health System is excited to offer antibody/serology testing for COVID-19, also known as coronavirus. The affordable, $31 test is now available at several Norman Regional Lab locations.
This testing determines whether or not a person has COVID-19 antibodies present in their bloodstream. If you have antibodies present, it is likely that you had exposure to or have had COVID-19 and have developed an antibody response to the virus. While this test is not used to diagnose or confirm COVID-19, it does play an important role in detecting a person’s and the community’s exposure to this disease.
Norman Regional has also offered this testing to its employees and members of their immediate household.
How do I get tested?
Walk-Ins are accepted at the following NRHS Lab locations:
- Outpatient Diagnostic Services (OPDS) locations at:
- Norman Regional Hospital – 901 N. Porter Ave. Norman
- Norman Regional HealthPlex – 3300 HealthPlex Pkwy Norman
- Norman Regional Moore – 700 S. Telephone Rd Moore
- These locations are open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Outpatient laboratories at:
- Doctors Park 500 E. Robinson St., Suite 1600 Norman
- Women’s Healthcare Plaza 3440 R.C. Luttrell Dr. Suite 101 Norman
- West Norman Professional building 3400 W. Tecumseh Rd. Suite 106 Norman
- These locations are open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Monday through Thursday); Closed at Noon on Fridays
Do I need to fast?
Fasting is not required for this test.
What is the cost?
This serology testing is offered for a flat price of $31. Those interested in the test are encouraged to visit here to pay online and download a voucher for the test. However, cash, credit and debit cards are accepted at the point of testing. You may also check with your insurance provider to determine if your insurance plan covers the cost of this test. If so, please present your insurance card at the time of testing.
When and how will I get my results?
Results are expected within three days. The results will be posted on the Norman Regional Hospital Patient Portal. Further instructions will be given to you at the time of your test collection.
Should I take this test if I’m not feeling well, or think I have COVID-19?
This serology testing is NOT used to diagnose COVID-19. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and think you need to be tested, call the Norman Regional COVID-19 hotline at (405) 515-4328. It is answered by a registered nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The signs of COVID-19 include cough, fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, headache, sore throat, body aches, muscle pain and new loss of taste or smell.
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
Please remember that even with the knowledge this testing provides, we should still strive to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can stop the spread by:
- Wearing a cloth mask in public
- Keeping six feet away from others
- Avoiding large groups of people
- Washing hands frequently for 20 seconds
If at any time you feel sick, call your doctor and follow their instructions. If you do not have a primary care provider, please call the NRHS Community Call Center at (405) 515-5000 to be connected with a provider based on your health needs.