Monday, January 30, 2017
When you think of becoming a better and healthier you, one way to achieve your goals is to participate in group fitness. By definition, a group fitness class has one or two instructors who lead a group of people in an exercise routine. Many participants feel accountable to their instructors and work harder than they do on their own. In addition, they want to keep on moving in class so that other participants won't think less of them. However, it is important to know that most often other participants are just trying to get in their work out and typically are not concerned or opinionated about others.
Group fitness classes typically include yoga, high impact and low impact aerobic or dance routines, Step classes, spin (cycling), classes designed seniors, kickboxing, TRX, boot camp and combinations classes. Energetic music may just be in the background to keep the class motivated or the routines may be choreographed to beat of the music. The Health Club offers a variety of classes throughout the week. You can see the classes here.
When working out in a group fitness setting, you are usually more motivated with the social and fun atmosphere created by both the instructor as well as the participants. Other benefits include the following.
- An expert instructor will demonstrate proper technique so you can avoid injuries.
- The class ensures you do a proper warm up and cool down when you exercise.
- You can plan your week's workouts around a set class schedule.
- The instructor can help you adjust your level base on your experience of current fitness ability.
- You can go with friends to keep you accountable for showing up.
- The more fun you have, the more likely it is that you will return for more classes.
To find out more information about The Health Club, simply call 405.329.5050. You can also stop by for a quick visit or talk a tour at 3720 West Robinson. The main entrance is located at the back of Brookhaven Shopping Center. Walk under the green awning and meet the team that is ready to help you resolve to become a healthier and better you!