Monday, March 29, 2021
Starting at 7 a.m. Tuesday, March 30, Norman Regional Health System will welcome back visitors!
We are happy to open visitation back up, as visitors are a vital part of the patient's healing process. The following guidelines will be in place inside our facilities, including within the patient's room.
- Visitors are allowed at any time, unless specified by the unit.
- Masks are required at all times within Norman Regional's facilities, per the City of Norman's mask mandate that is in effect until June 1 and the CDC's (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines.
- Visitors will have their temperature taken and be asked screening questions before being allowed to enter.
- All waiting rooms will be open.
- Social distancing must be maintained in the waiting rooms and in patient rooms.
- The number of visitors allowed in a patient's room at a time depends on the size of the room, as social distancing must be maintained.
- Visitors are not allowed in COVID airborne isolation rooms. Virtual and window visitation is still encouraged.
- Once COVID patients downgrade from airborne isolation to droplet isolation, visitors may visit as long as they are compliant with PPE expectations per the type of isolation.
- Non-isolated patients receiving aerosolizing therapies may have visitors.
Thank you for following these guidelines and for helping us keep our patients, our healers, and our visitors safe.