Hospital Destination Guides
These quick reference guides will show you the main entrances and what areas of the hospital are located in each section.
Norman Regional Hospital Destination Guide (PDF)
HealthPlex Hospital Destination Guide (PDF)
Family and visitors are welcome in many areas of our hospitals from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
As lengthy stays can be tiring for a patient, we ask that visits be kept short. You may wish to let the patient know when you will be visiting and for how long so that the patient may prepare for your visit. You may call a patient directly by dialing 307 and the room number.
- We ask that no more than three guests visit at one time.
- For those bringing gifts into the hospital, Norman Regional does not allow any latex products in patient care areas, such as latex balloons. Visitors should make sure all gift balloons are made of non-latex material such as Mylar.
- An adult should accompany children under the age of 16.
- Please check with the nurse before bringing small children or babies to visit.
- Anyone who is sick, with a cold or the flu, or is not feeling well should postpone the visit until another time.
- Nurses may ask visitors to leave the room when personal care is being given, a procedure is being performed, when a physician is conducting an examination or if the patient needs rest.
- Additional guidelines may apply to certain areas of the hospital, and will be made available to guests at the specific department.
- The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) are open during certain time periods for visitation by immediate family members and may be closed to all visitors during other time periods. Please check with ICU and CCU staff concerning visiting times. No more than two visitors are allowed at one time in the patient's room.
- In the Family Birth Center, adult visitors and siblings may visit the mother's room while the baby is present. Other children may visit when the infant is in the Nursery.
- In Behavioral Medicine Services, please contact the department for limited visiting hours. All visitors must sign in at the desk before entering the unit. Children may visit only if accompanied by an adult. Guests are not allowed in the patient's room.
- Parents of pediatric patients are encouraged to aid their child's recovery and may stay with their child at all times. Rollaway beds and meal passes are provided at no additional charge.
After Hours Visits
Norman Regional Hospital: After general visiting hours, guests will be instructed to enter through the Emergency Department. All guests are required to sign in. Security will be monitoring the lobby and is available to assist visitors.
HealthPlex Hospital: Please enter through the Chest Pain Center or Women’s and Children’s Pavilion.
For non-scheduled after-hours visits, please contact Security at (405) 307-1482.