Nurse Externship Program
Norman Regional Health System’s Nurse Externship program offers nursing students the opportunity to enhance their professional growth in the nursing field with on-the-job experience in a multi-campus health system with multiple Centers of Excellence and nationally accredited programs.
The Nurse Externship is a one-year, paid externship with a requirement of 24 hours per month in scheduled rotations within:
- Emergency Services
- Critical Care
- Women’s Services
- Adult Medicine
- Pediatric Medicine
Aside from the required 24 hours, nurse externs can choose to pick up additional patient care shifts as nursing assistants or as sitters.
The program offers a set curriculum that compliments and enhances your professional growth by giving you direct observation of the registered nurse’s role and allowing you the opportunity to shadow other disciplines and ancillary areas.
Applications are open to nursing juniors for their senior year of nursing school. Applications will be accepted until February 7, 2020. Requirements for hire include:
- Bachelor’s Degree Student
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Be available for interviews starting in April 2020
- Be available to start June 1, 2020
- Fully fill out the job application by February 7, 2020
- Complete essay questions
- Submit two letters of reference: one from an instructor and one from previous employer (if available, if not, from two instructors)
- Provide official transcript
- Provide a copy of your skills checklist