Important Information for your safety: In an effort to provide the utmost care for patient safety, the Norman Breast Care Center and Moore Breast Care Center implements and adheres to strict COVID-19 guidelines in accordance with CDC recommendations.
Schedule Your Mammogram Today
Every woman is at risk for breast cancer. Mammograms are the single most effective method of early detection and identifying cancer in its most treatable stages. For women 40 and older, mammograms should be part of a yearly physical routine. Monthly breast self-examinations are also important for good breast health.
- Annual screening mammography for women beginning at age 40
- If you are under age 40 and have a family history of breast cancer or other concerns about your risk, talk with your doctor about when to begin mammography
- Have a clinical breast examination by your doctor at least every three years beginning at age 20 and every year after 40
- Beginning at age 20, perform monthly breast self-examinations
- Become familiar with the normal look and feel of your breasts – if ANY change occurs, report it to your doctor.
Norman Regional's Breast Care Center offers 3D mammography, also known as breast tomosynthesis. Three-dimensional mammography is a type of digital mammography in which X-ray machines are used to take pictures of thin slices of the breast from different angles and computer software is used to reconstruct an image.
3D mammography lets doctors better evaluate breast images, layer by layer, for greater accuracy. Greater accuracy means both better breast cancer detection and less of a chance a patient will need additional imaging/testing. 3D mammography is performed similar to traditional mammography.
Norman Regional’s Breast Care Center also offers Mammography and DEXA (bone density scanning) at Norman Regional Moore.
Please click here or call 405-307-2290 to schedule your mammogram at either location.
For more information on mammography click here.
Compassion in Your Corner
Our Breast Care Center offers a Nurse Navigator to help patients. The Nurse Navigators are registered nurses who helps patients understand diagnostic procedures and treatments available through the Breast Care Center. The Nurse Navigator’s other responsibilities include:
- Helping the uninsured receive financial assistance from state organizations
- Managing referrals to medical and radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons and therapists
- Sending timely information to patients in a monthly breast cancer newsletter
- Leading a support group for those facing breast cancer or a breast cancer diagnosis
- As a counselor, patient educator and advocate and knowledgeable clinician, the Nurse Navigator helps patients obtain the resources needed for breast cancer treatment.
For more information about the Nurse Navigator, call 405-307-2620.
Breast Care Center Hours
The Breast Care Center is open 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Norman’s Breast Care Center offers Saturday appointments two times a month from 7:30 a.m - 11:15 a.m.