Safe Sleep Hospital
Norman Regional is recognized as a Certified Safe Sleep Hospital at the Gold level by Cribs for Kids.
Norman Regional is committed to the health and wellbeing of women from pregnancy and beyond. This includes care in the hospital as well as when she leaves our hospital and returns home. This period of time is often called the fourth trimester.
Our team wants to educate women on the complications that can occur after childbirth and where and when to seek treatment.
Most women who give birth recover without problems. But any woman can have complications after the birth of a baby.
Learn post-birth warning signs (PDF flyer in English)
Call 911 if you have:
- Pain in the chest
- Obstructed breathing or shortness of breath
- Thoughts of hurting yourself or your baby
Call your healthcare provider if you have any of the following symptoms. If you can’t reach your healthcare provider, call 911 or go to an emergency room.
- Bleeding, soaking through one pad an hour, or blood clots the size of an egg or bigger
- Incision that is not healing
- Red or swollen leg, that is painful or warm to touch
- Temperature of 100.4 F or higher
- Headache that does not get better, even after taking medicine or a bad headache with vision changes
It is important to tell 911 or your healthcare provider: “I had a baby on (date) and I have/having (specific warning signs.)”
Trust your instincts. Always get medical care if you are not feeling well or have questions for concerns.