Make yourself at home.
Support from family and friends is just as vital to our patients as the expert medical care we provide. Here, you can find visitor information—including information for visiting clergy—connect with our chaplains, browse our gift shop and more.
Hospital Destination Guides
These quick reference guides will show you the main entrances and what areas of the hospital are located in each section.
- Norman Regional Hospital Destination Guide (PDF)
- Norman Regional Moore Destination Guide (PDF)
- HealthPlex Hospital Destination Guide (PDF)
Starting at 7 a.m. Tuesday, March 30, Norman Regional Health System will welcome back visitors!
We are happy to open visitation back up, as visitors are a vital part of the patient's healing process. The following guidelines will be in place inside our facilities, including within the patient's room.
- Visitors are allowed at any time, unless specified by the unit.
- Masks are required at all times within Norman Regional's facilities, per the City of Norman's mask mandate that is in effect until June 1 and the CDC's (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines.
- Visitors will have their temperature taken and be asked screening questions before being allowed to enter.
- All waiting rooms will be open.
- Social distancing must be maintained in the waiting rooms and in patient rooms.
- The number of visitors allowed in a patient's room at a time depends on the size of the room, as social distancing must be maintained.
- Visitors are not allowed in COVID airborne isolation rooms. Virtual and window visitation is still encouraged.
- Once COVID patients downgrade from airborne isolation to droplet isolation, visitors may visit as long as they are compliant with PPE expectations per the type of isolation.
- Non-isolated patients receiving aerosolizing therapies may have visitors.
Thank you for following these guidelines and for helping us keep our patients, our healers, and our visitors safe.
As lengthy stays can be tiring for a patient, we ask that visits be kept short. You may wish to let the patient know when you will be visiting and for how long so that the patient may prepare for your visit. You may call a patient directly by dialing 307 and the room number.
- For those bringing gifts into the hospital, Norman Regional does not allow any latex products in patient care areas, such as latex balloons. Visitors should make sure all gift balloons are made of non-latex material such as Mylar.
- Anyone who is sick or is not feeling well should postpone the visit until another time.
- Nurses may ask visitors to leave the room when personal care is being given, a procedure is being performed, when a physician is conducting an examination or if the patient needs rest.
- Additional guidelines may apply to certain areas of the hospital, and will be made available to guests at the specific department.
- Parents of pediatric patients are encouraged to aid their child's recovery and may stay with their child at all times. Rollaway beds and meal passes are provided at no additional charge.