Important Information Related to the Coronavirus
If you think you may have been exposed to the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, please alert Norman Regional before coming to our facilities. We ask that people who suspect they may have this disease call the State Health Department Coronavirus Hotline first at 877-215-8336. Patients identified by the State Health Department as needing testing or treatment for COVID-19 will be directed to a testing location. You can also contact our NRHS COVID-19 Hotline number at 405-515-4328.
Bring a Mask
For your safety and ours, please bring a facemask or face covering with you when you enter a Norman Regional (NRHS) location. Masks, scarves, bandanas or other facial coverings are all good options to wear to our facilities. Click here for more information including instructions on how to make your own mask.
We know the Coronavirus pandemic has affected our patients’ income and left many in our community without insurance coverage. If you are concerned about insurance coverage or out-of-pocket expenses related to your scheduled visit, please contact our Patient Access Advisor team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 405-307-2730. We want to assist you in understanding your options.
Please visit this Norman Regional web page for more information about our response to coronavirus.
Important Information for Visitors
Norman Regional Health System has updated guidelines for our visitors and patients on August 24, 2020.
- At this time, social visits for patients are not allowed.
- Only one identified patient representative allowed in the room at a time during the patient stay. Each patient can designate two representatives to alternate time during the stay.
- Patient representatives are welcome between the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Patients on isolation precautions are not allowed patient representatives. Virtual visiting rooms are available.
- No patient representatives under the age of 16.
Departments with exceptions to the above include:
- Only one patient representative is allowed per patient in the Emergency Department, and Patient Representatives are allowed 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the Emergency Department.
- OB, Pediatrics and the NICU requires designated patient representatives. Two, designated patient representatives are allowed for the patient stay.
- Behavioral Medicine patients are not allowed patient representatives.
- The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center patients are not allowed patient representatives.
All patient representatives will:
- Bring and wear a mask or facial covering
- Practice proper hand hygiene
- Follow social distancing guidelines especially in our waiting rooms and lobbies. Norman Regional will maintain compliance with CDC social distancing guidelines. This may limit the number of people in waiting areas
- Not visit patients or our facilities if exhibiting signs of a fever or symptoms of other illness.
We’ve gathered everything you need to prepare for your visit. Minimize your wait time by pre-registering; find out about parking, dining and room amenities in our patient guides; and avoid billing stress by requesting an estimate or verifying your insurance.
Learn more about your care, accommodations, dining, visitors and more by downloading one of our patient guides.
- General Guide - Norman Regional Hospital, 901 N. Porter Ave
- General Guide - Norman Regional HealthPlex, 3300 HealthPlex Parkway
- Brochure - Norman Regional Moore, 700 S. Telephone Rd.
Find Your Way Around
Accessibility and Special Accommodations
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas.
- Full range of assistive and communication aides for persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind or with other sensory disabilities at no charge.
- Qualified interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing or with limited English proficiency at no charge.
If you need special accommodations as a patient, please contact the Case Management department at 405-307-4337.