Welcome to Norman Regional’s Provider Portal. Here you can find the latest news and events about the Health System in one, convenient location. Please use the navigation menu to the right to explore this site.
Each week Norman Regional President and CEO Richie Splitt sends out an email update to all employees, called the Norman Regional Now. In it, you can find useful information about NRHS, updates on system-wide initiatives, positive recognition of our team and much more.
All EID updates sent to healers are stored on MyLink and accessible for your review. To access them, please go to the Info Center on MyLink. Click the Document Repository tab on the top. Then scroll down the left-hand gray menu for the Newsletters/COVID section. The most-recent EID email can also be found in the Resources COVID heading on MyLink.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health provides reports on the number of COVID-19 positive tests, patients hospitalized with COVID-19 and more. You can find up-to-date information on their web site: https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/
Our current Tier is: Tier 1
The state’s tiered plan is outlined below:
Reminder: Mask Up
Please continue to wear a mask and practice social distancing, per current CDC guidelines for healthcare facilities. Healthcare facilities should continue to refer to the Updated Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations in Response to COVID-19 Vaccination for recommendations regarding source control and physical distancing in healthcare settings.
As patients are scheduled, please remind them and their families to bring and wear a mask to their appointment.
Reminder: Temperature Screenings
Temperature screening continues at entries for healers, visitors, and patients (along with wearing masks and social distancing).
Masks, social distancing and temperature screenings are not optional for healers. Current policies must be followed.
Norman Regional currently has a large inventory of PAPR Hoods and will be going back to pre-COVID instructions for use. Please return to using one PAPR Hood per patient* and disposing of the hood once the patient is gone.
*More than one PAPR Hood can be used for a patient if something goes wrong with the hood.
Please discard any PAPR Hood that has been stored.
Supply Chain will continue monitoring usage versus availability and will notify clinical leaders if availability ever becomes a concern.
Youth Pfizer Vaccines
Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines have recently been approved for adolescents as young as 12 years old. Norman Regional’s primary care clinics are exploring providing Pfizer vaccines to the 12-15 age group if they are current or new patients. This youth vaccine may be offered once in-clinic patient vaccinations begin in June.
Join us Thursday, July 15 at 9 a.m. at the Norman Regional HealthPlex as we kick off the HealthPlex Expansion! This groundbreaking ceremony begins the expansion and creation of a new 96-bed tower. Refreshments will be provided.
Mark your calendars for Norman Regional’s next Provider Update and Marketing event. More details including speakers will be updated to this site once available.
Norman Regional is excited to embark on its Inspire Health Plan that will transform health and wellness services for our community. For the latest information on this project please visit its website www.InspireHealthOK.com.
To read the Inspire Health Newsletter, written by John Manfredo, Chief Operating Officer, please click on the month of each newsletter.
Big changes are happening at the HealthPlex campus. Parking lots and entrances will close and open starting at 5 a.m. Monday, June 21. Continue reading below for more details.
On Monday, June 21, 2021, the HealthPlex, located off Interstate 35 and Tecumseh Road, will open a new, temporary emergency entrance and new parking lots to prepare for the expansion of the hospital.
For an aerial view follow this link: https://vimeo.com/okcdpv/review/563877541/c782772ceb
- Physicians should park in the yellow-highlighted Parking Lot. This lot has a gate. Please remember to bring your NRHS badge to be able to enter the lot. If you forget your badge, please call Security at 405.307.1482 immediately for remote entry to the lot.
- The eastern main and Emergency Department entrances, as well as the main parking lot, will be closed during construction.
- All non-emergency patients and visitors should use the Women’s and Children’s Pavilion Entrance on the west side of the hospital.
- All non-emergency patients and visitors should park in the newly created parking lot west of the Women’s and Children’s Entrance.
- All emergency, OBED and unscheduled labor and delivery patients should use the newly created Emergency/OBED Entrance.
- All emergency, OBED and unscheduled labor and deliver patients should park in the Emergency Parking Lot. Patients can be dropped off directly at the ER Entrance.
- Complimentary valet parking is available for patients and visitors.
For questions or concerns about these changes, please email InspireHealth@nrh-ok.com.
Norman Regional is now offering cardiac and orthopedic appointments in Purcell!
Paul Ayers, MD, a board certified interventional cardiologist, sees patient in the Purcell clinic. Hillarie Kessler, MPAS, PA-C, a certified physician assistant, and James Bond, MD, a board certified orthopedic surgeon, also treat patients at this clinic.
The clinic is located at 128. W. Main St. Purcell, OK 73080.
Call today for an appointment
A new therapy is keeping patients with COVID-19 out of the hospital and on the road to recovery. Norman Regional Health System is administering Monoclonal Antibody Therapy in an Outpatient COVID Infusion Center to high risk patients 18 years of age and older. Read the complete story here.
Norman Regional’s neurosurgery team is now offering minimally invasive robotic surgery. One man is no longer living with constant back pain due to the help of a robot and local neurosurgeon, Stephen Eichert, DO. Robert Burnett, 54, began seeing Dr. Eichert at Norman Regional Health System’s Neurosurgery Associates after years of dealing with back pain. Read the complete story here.
Join us in welcoming Norman Regional’s newest providers. You can click each name to learn more about the provider including office location. Joining our team is:
- Sumit Som, MD, Preventative Medicine
- Marlee Robinson, APRN, Primary Care
- Tamara Manning, APRN, Same Day Clinic
- Nicole Garber, APRN, Wellness Clinic
- Debbie Strickland, APRN, Primary Care
- Kelly White, APRN, Cardiology
- Candyse Brewer, APRN, Cardiology
- Kenneth Watson, DO, Primary Care
- Jamie Steichen, PA-C, Interventional Radiology
- Kevin Schubach, PA-C, Interventional Radiology
- Arun Philip, DO, Hospitalist
- Ryan Winfrey, DO, Nocturnist
- Deniz Aktas, PA-C, Neurology
- Jennifer Lee, APRN, Journey Clinic
- Garrett Wardlow, PA-C, Ortho Central
Norman Regional produces a quarterly newsletter called The Pulse. In it, you can read about our employees of the month, recent employee promotions, latest news, success stories and more. Click the links below to reach each issue.