Understanding Insurance and Paying Your Bill
In order to pay online, you must pre-register.
Norman Regional Health System is proud to offer patients easy, time-saving ways to pay their bills.
- Online. Pay online with a credit card 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our site is secure, and both your credit card information and patient information are protected. Please keep in mind that you can only pay your hospital bill through this website. Unless noted on your hospital bill, physician or lab charges are not able to be processed through this website.
- By mail. Mail your bill with enclosed check or credit card information to: Norman Regional Hospital Authority P.O. Box 268961 Oklahoma City, OK 73126
- By phone. Any patient wanting to make a credit card payment using a Health Savings Account should call 405-307-1300.
- In person. Visit our Patient Financial Services Department and pay your bill in person with credit card, cash or check.
If you have any questions about your hospital bill or the online bill pay service, please call Norman Regional’s Patient Financial Services Department at 1-855-329-1834, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to your hospital bill, you may receive a bill from any of the following contracted physician services that provided care:
Norstar Physician Billing
- Emergency room physician billing
- For billing questions call: 1-888-952-6772
Norman Regional Radiology Associates
- Imaging procedures such as X-ray, MRI, CT scan and ultrasound
- For billing questions call: 1-800-841-4236
Note: Your primary care physician and other specialists may also bill you for their services. For questions, call the number printed on these individual bills.
We know insurance coverage can be confusing so we’ve developed this summary to explain our billing process.
If you have any other questions, please call Norman Regional’s Patient Financial Services Department at 1-855-329-1834 or email at email@example.com.
Q. Who is responsible for paying my hospital bill?
A. Unless you specify otherwise, Norman Regional will bill your insurance company or Medicare/Medicaid directly. Later, Patient Financial Services (PFS) will follow up with the claim’s payment status. If a balance remains after your insurance has issued either a payment or a denial, you will be informed in writing of your responsibilities for payment. See a list of insurance providers accepted by Norman Regional. Contact PFS at 405-307-1318 if you have any questions or concerns.
Q. What if I don’t have insurance?
A. Patients who do not carry health insurance are considered self-pay accounts. We offer substantial discounts to our self-pay patients. Please contact Patient Financial Services at 405-307-1318 with any questions or for payment arrangements.
Q. What is a deductible?
A. A deductible is the fixed dollar amount you must pay toward healthcare costs over the course of a benefit period (usually a year) before your insurance provider begins reimbursement. For example, if your deductible is $1,000 and you spend that much in eligible out of pocket expenses, you have “reached your deductible,” and your insurance will start covering a larger percentage of the costs until the end of the benefit plan year. Depending on your insurance and reasons for your visit (i.e., inpatient, emergency room and surgery), the deductible amount may be required at the time of service.
Q. What is a copay?
A. A copay or copayment is a small flat fee you are responsible for paying for a particular medical service. For example, you may have a $30 co-payment for each doctor’s visit as part of your health insurance. You are responsible for paying the copayment at the time of service.
Q. What is coinsurance?
A. Coinsurance is the percentage of costs of a covered healthcare service you pay (20%, for example) after you have paid your deductible. For example, if your health insurance plan's allowed amount for an office visit is $100 and your coinsurance is 20%, your expenses would be as follows.
- If you have paid your deductible, you pay 20% of $100, or $20. The insurance company pays the rest.
- If you have not paid any of your deductible, you pay the full allowed amount, $100.
Coinsurance may be collected at the time of service.
Q. I received additional bills. What are these?
A. In addition to your bill from Norman Regional Health System, you may receive bills from independent practitioners who provided services to you at our facilities, such as a radiologist or an anesthesiologist. Please contact the physician’s office directly for questions or concerns.
Q. My insurance didn’t pay. Why is that?
A. Contact your insurance provider for this information.
Q. I need help. Is there someone I can call at Norman Regional Health System?
A. Our customer service representatives are here to help you 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 1-855-329-1834 Fax: 405-307-1304 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. What about my privacy?
A. Norman Regional will never release medical information in an email. Our site is secure and your credit card information is safe.
Please note: If your insurance company assigns you a deductible, co-pay or co-insurance and the dollar amount is not collected at the time of service, you will be billed at a later date.