The Information and the Care You Need
From hospital services to independent practitioners, from insurance to private/cash pay, we encourage you ask for a price estimate for any of our services.
Estimates for Hospital Services
Contact our Patient Access Advisors at 405-307-2730 or email@example.com.
- Know the CPT (current procedural terminology) code and description of the services for which you are requesting a price estimate. If you’re unsure of the CPT code, please ask your physician.
- Actual charges on your final hospital bill may vary from the estimate, based on your medical condition, unknown circumstances or complications, final diagnosis and recommended treatment.
- If you have insurance, you should also contact your health benefits administrator for the most accurate information on your benefit plan structure, deductibles, co-payments, coinsurance or any other factors that might affect personal financial liability.
- Hospital estimates cover hospital charges only and do not include professional fees such as those provided by a physician, surgeon, radiologist, pathologist, anesthesiologist, nurse practitioner or other independent practitioner.
Estimates for Independent Practitioners
Many of the medical professionals at Norman Regional Health System are independent practitioners and bill their services separately from the hospital. If you will require any of the following services, you should contact them for additional estimates.
- Anesthesia – Sooner Anesthesia Billing: 405-701-3418
- Radiology – Norman Regional Radiology Associates: 1-800-841-4236
- Laboratory/Pathology – Pathology Consultation Services: 877-788-7818
Estimates for Cash Pay
Norman Regional has created a cash-pay pricing program on our most frequently ordered tests and procedures to make healthcare more affordable and provide you with more options. We’re able to offer this cash price due to the absence of the risk for nonpayment for services and the lack of expense in processing claims.
- Who is eligible? Any patient can take advantage of cash-pay pricing regardless of your insurance coverage. By selecting the cash-pay option, you understand and agree that Norman Regional will not file an insurance claim for the test or procedure, and you must pay in full at the time of scheduling.
- What services are eligible? Our cash-pay prices include our most common tests and procedures in laboratory and outpatient rehabilitation. You will need a valid order from a physician before scheduling any services.
Understanding Healthcare Prices
Norman Regional Health System provides a comprehensive list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service provided at our hospital, as is required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The list is known as a chargemaster. Hospital charges are the same for all patients but a patient’s responsibility may vary depending on the contract negotiated with individual health insurers.
In compliance with this federal law, Norman Regional makes a current and complete Chargemaster, or list of standard charges available as well as a list of the average charge total for inpatient episodes of care listed by Diagnosis-Related Grouping (DRG).
Norman Regional is committed to providing patients with helpful information and guidance. Our team includes patient financials advisors to answer your questions more thoroughly and provide a personalized price estimate of any of our services. They can be reached by phone at 405-307-2730. Uninsured or underinsured patients should consult with our patient financial advisors to determine their qualifications for discounts.
What is a Chargemaster? A Chargemaster is a list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service item provided by a hospital. It includes every test, exam, surgical procedure, room charge, supply and more. Since services provided by hospitals 24 hours a day, seven days a week are many, a chargemaster contains thousands of services and related charges.
Chargemaster amounts are almost never billed to a patient or received as payment by a hospital. The chargemaster amounts are billed to an insurance company, Medicare, or Medicaid. Those insurers then apply their contracted rates to the services that are billed to the patient.
What is a DRG? A DRG is a summarized and simplified classification of inpatient care as defined by Medicare.
To gain a greater understanding of healthcare prices, please check out the Understanding Healthcare Prices: A Consumer Guide (PDF).
Getting the medical attention you need when you need it doesn’t have to cost you more. Norman Regional Health System and MDsave are working together to save you up to 60 percent on your medical bills by paying a cash price up front. These savings allow those without insurance or with high-deductible health plans to save money and get more of the medical care they need.
Norman Regional and MDsave offer discounted prices on multiple services, including:
- Imaging and Radiology
- Lab Work and Drug Testing
- Sleep Medicine
- Therapy (Physical, Occupational, Speech)
Click here to find out more and immediately begin comparing prices.