Teen Hero Volunteer Opportunities
The Norman Regional Teen Hero volunteer program is no longer taking applications for the 2023 Summer of Service. Check back in March of 2024! The program is open to incoming freshmen, or 14 years of age, thru seniors in high school. Teens must be available to volunteer for seven of the 10 weeks during the summer. The application period has closed. Applicants will be asked to participate in a group interview session. A limited number of applicants will be selected to participate in the program. Once selected, applicants will be required to complete the following:
Orientation – Each volunteer must attend a two-hour orientation session with a parent or guardian.
COVID-19 Vaccine - or completed medical or religious declaration form available by request from our office
Tuberculin Screening – Mandatory for all volunteers and given free of charge at the hospital.
Flu Shot – Mandatory for all volunteers participating in the program between October-April.
Immunization Records – Proof of vaccination for measles, mumps, rubella and varicella are a requirement.
Uniform – Volunteers must purchase a uniform top for $10.
Annual Education – Annual education is once a year and attendance is required by all active volunteers.
- Applicants must be incoming freshmen, or 14 years of age, thru seniors in high school.
- Complete the application online.
- Submit a 100-word essay: “Why I would like to be a Teen Hero Volunteer."
- Submit a letter of reference from a school, church or extracurricular organization official.
Participants are selected through an application process.
Summer Service Opportunities
- Daily Grind Coffee Shop
- Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Health Club
- Scrub Shop
- Patient Rounding Cart
Teen Hero Benefits
Benefits of the Teen Hero Volunteer Program include:
- Develop an understanding of service as role models.
- Become familiar with the hospital environment.
- Chance to participate in fund-raisers that benefit the community.
- Helps develop a greater understanding of health and wellness.
If you have any questions please call 405-307-1789 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.