Teen Hero Opportunities
The Teen Hero Volunteer Program is a service opportunity at Norman Regional Health System for youth ages 14 to 18. Participants are selected through an application process.
Summer Service Opportunities
- Daily Grind Coffee Shop
- Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Health Club
- Patient Rounding
- Nursing Units
- Scrub Shop
If you have any questions please call 405-307-1789 or e-mail email@example.com.
Teen Hero Benefits
Benefits of the Teen Hero Volunteer Program include:
- Develop an understanding of service as role models.
- Become familiar with the hospital environment.
- Chance to participate in fund-raisers that benefit the community.
- Helps develop a greater understanding of health and wellness.
Teen Hero Application
The Norman Regional Teen Hero volunteer program is currently accepting applications for the 2019 Summer of Service session hosted June 3 through Aug. 16. Teens must be available to volunteer eight of the 11 weeks during the summer. Applications are due no later than May 1 and will be reviewed in the order they are received. Applicants will be asked to participate in a group interview session. A limited number of applicants will be selected to participate in the program. Once selected, applicants will be required to complete the following:
Orientation – Each volunteer is required to attend a two-hour orientation session with a parent or guardian.
Tuberculin or TB Skin Test – Mandatory for all volunteers and given free of charge at the hospital.
Flu Shot – Mandatory for all volunteers participating in the program between October-April.
Immunization Records – Proof of vaccination for measles, mumps, rubella and varicella are a requirement.
Annual Education – Annual education is once a year and attendance is required by all active volunteers.
Dues/Uniforms – A fee of $20 covers the cost of the mandatory uniform as well as annual dues.
- Applicants must be age 14 to 18 (14 by June 1).
- Complete the application.
- Submit a 100-word essay: “Why I would like to be a Teen Hero Volunteer."
- Submit a letter of reference from a school, church or extracurricular organization official.
Return application, along with the essay and letter of reference to:
Norman Regional Health System
Volunteer Services Department
Attention: Teen Hero Program
P.O. Box 1308
Norman, OK 73070