Get Back To Living Life
Our Commitment to You
Norman Regional Rehabilitation Center is accredited by the Joint Commission.
The Rehabilitation Center chooses to participate in a rigorous review of its services every 3 years by
Joint Commission. The mission is to work with accredited providers to improve and enhance the quality
of life for the individuals receiving services, as well as their loved ones. Accreditation demonstrates a
provider’s commitment to continuously improve service quality and to focus on the satisfaction of the
Our team members embrace the mission, vision,
and core values of Norman Regional Health System through:
- Service Excellence and Exceptional Kindness
- Provision of quality clinical and customer related services
- Fairness and honesty in all interactions with the public
- Adherence to professional codes and practice guidelines
- Ethical practices in all marketing and public relations activities
Our 2020 scores show it makes a difference for our patients:
- 100 percent of our patients say they would recommend The Rehabilitation Center to others.
- 97.4 percent of our patients ranked The Rehabilitation Center as a 9 or 10 out of 10 compared to other rehabilitation centers.
- 80 percent of patients who were discharged from The Rehabilitation Center were able to return to an independent living setting.
Our rehabilitation team includes:
- Rehabilitation physicians
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Dietary services
- Social work and case management
- Psychology services
- Respiratory therapy
- Admission liaison
Additional services include:
- Pet therapy
- Computer-based therapy activities
- Video game–based therapy activities
- Outdoor obstacle/barrier course at Independence Park
- Church services
- Public access computer for patients and their families
- Home Safety Evaluation Program
- Community Reintegration Program
- VitalStim therapy (for swallow treatment)
This program does not serve those who are ventilator dependent, are comatose or have burn management needs. Please understand that patients must be age 18 or older for admission. Those who are referred between the ages of 13 and 17 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How Long Will you Stay?
Our overall average length of stay for 2020 was 12.13 days.
Many factors influence your length of stay including severity of injury, previous health status, and
medical complications. The Rehab Team will determine an estimated length of stay for you based on their
evaluations after your admission. A case manager will keep you updated on the Teams recommendations.
Admission Criteria and Process
The Admission Process begins with a physician order, followed by a referral to our facility. Our Admissions
Liaison will correspond with the referring facility’s Case Manager to obtain clinical information and meet
with the patient and family. The information obtained will then be presented to our Rehabilitation Physician,
who will determine the appropriateness of inpatient rehabilitation admission.
Requirements for admission to the Rehabilitation Center are that the patient is clinically stable, has
ongoing medical needs that require close supervision of a physician, and can tolerate and be willing to
participate in an intensive rehab program consisting of 3 hours of therapy per day for 5 days a week, or
15 hours a week.
Upon being accepted for admission our Liaison will coordinate with the Case Manager at your facility to
obtain discharge orders and arrange transport to our facility.
- Medicare: Covers inpatient rehabilitation provided you meet the criteria at admission and during your stay. The medical director will make the decision whether you meet the criteria, but that determination is always subject to review from Medicare.
- Private Insurance: Your benefits will be verified prior to admission and preauthorization for admission obtained. This is not a guarantee of payment. Throughout your stay, your case manager will work with your insurance provider to obtain continued authorization.
- Private Pay: If you are paying for the program privately and feel you may need assistance, please contact the business office at Norman Regional at 405-307-1318, and they will assist you.