Get Back To Living Life
Norman Regional Health System offers highly trained, experienced providers at two locations. Our dedicated team of healers includes Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists. Our therapists are dedicated to providing individualized care in treating various dysfunctions, preventing disability and helping you get back to your active lifestyle. We are passionate about your total and complete rehabilitation. Our specialized programs can help you reach new heights.
Physical therapy intervention focuses on posture, mobility, strength, endurance, balance, coordination, joint mobility, flexibility, pain control and activities of daily living. Our therapists focus on exercise, neuromuscular reeducation and manual therapy to help you reach your goals. Education is an important part of each treatment plan. Many of our therapists have specialties in treating disorders to include:
- Sports Rehabilitation: Post injury care and acute injury treatment with ongoing strengthening and conditioning.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation: Pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation. Spinal stabilization program for back and neck pain.
- Lymphedema Management: Treatment for swelling in arms, trunk and legs as a result of cancer management or poor circulation.
- Dry Needling: Fine needles inserted to treat trigger points, headaches, muscle or joint pain, and stimulate healing.
- Pelvic Floor: Helps treat incontinence, prolapse, post–partum and pain.
- Vestibular Rehab: Helps treat vertigo/dizziness, motion sensitivity, motion and falls.
- Stroke/brain injury recovery
- Concussion Management: Treatment of concussions due to sports injury, work place injury or falls.
- Migraine Management: Helps treat headaches and jaw pain.
The Physical Performance Center’s large, 22-by-40 foot therapeutic pool provides easy walk-down access. It provides an alternative treatment for patients to be successful with their rehab.
Certified Hand Therapy
Both locations employ certified hand therapists. A certified hand therapist is experienced in the treatment of hand and upper-extremity dysfunction resulting from arthritis, injury or cumulative trauma. Hand therapists have extensive knowledge in orthotics fabrication for a variety of diagnoses, creating orthotics — or splints — for post-op surgical protection or immobilization, correction of injury or deformity, and conservative management of common upper extremity syndromes.
- Fit and fabricate custom splints and orthotics for the elbow, wrist and hand
- Complicated trauma and surgical procedures
- Fractures to bones in arm, elbow, wrist and hand
- Nerve injury such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprains/strains and tendonitis
- Management of RA and other chronic issues
Occupational therapy maximizes independence for people with physical limitations and helps prevent further disability. Our therapists will work with you on activities of daily living, improving functional use of the arm and hand and teaching you how to use adaptive equipment. We offer a variety of different services listed below:
- Orthopedic and post-op care
- Parkinson’s Program PWR! UP
- Self-care and home adaptation training
- Stroke/brain injury recovery
- Lymphedema management (Moore location)
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Pediatric for developmental delay and fine motor skills
Speech-Language pathologists work with clients of all ages. Our state and nationally licensed Speech-Language Pathologists offer a variety of comprehensive and specialized services to meet your needs.
- Pediatric feeding disorders: such as feeding aversions and failure to thrive
- Developmental delays: delayed speech or language development of infants and children
- Speech/language disorders: including articulation impairments, phonological disorders
- Dysphagia: difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Motor speech disorders (dysarthria/ apraxia): slurred speech or difficulty producing clear speech
- Aphasia: difficulty communicating after a stroke or neurological event
- Cognitive impairments: difficulty with memory, attention and/or problem solving
- Fluency: pediatric or adult stuttering
- Voice disorders: hoarse vocal quality, vocal nodules or polyps
- Parkinson’s Voice Project SPEAK OUT!® and The Loud Crowd®
Parkinson’s Program- SPEAK OUT! and PWR! UP
Norman Regional Health System is pleased to offer a two-part speech therapy program to help individuals with Parkinson’s regain and maintain effective communication: SPEAK OUT!® followed by The LOUD Crowd®.
SPEAK OUT!® places emphasis on speaking with intent and converting speech from an automatic function to an intentional act. Together, patients and their speech-language pathologist work through a series of speech, voice, and cognitive exercises outlined in a SPEAK OUT!® Workbook.
Upon completion of SPEAK OUT!®, patients transition to The LOUD Crowd®. This maintenance program consists of weekly group sessions led by a speech-language pathologist. The SPEAK OUT!® exercises are performed, and group members provide support, encouragement, and accountability to one another.
Participation in The LOUD Crowd®, along with daily home practice and six-month re-evaluations, has been shown to help patients maintain their communication skills throughout the progression of Parkinson’s. For more information about SPEAK OUT!® and The LOUD Crowd® or to schedule a speech evaluation, please call Norman Regional Physical Performance Center at (405)447-1571.
Norman Regional Health System is pleased to offer a two-part physical/occupational therapy program to help individuals with Parkinson’s regain and maintain motor function. PWR! UP® followed by a community PWR! UP® or Rock Steady boxing class at The Health Club.
PWR! UP® places emphasis on everyday movements and involves large whole body motions with intent and converting movements from an automatic function to an intentional act. Together, patients and their therapist will work through a series of exercise to improve motor function.
Visits can be provided through telehealth for PT, OT and Speech therapy if approved by your insurance carrier or done through private pay.
- Medicaid/Sooner Care
- Private Insurance
- Workers Compensation
- Private Pay / MDsave