Norman Heart & Lung Scans
Heart disease is the No. 1 cause of death in Oklahoma, while lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States. Both heart disease and lung cancer are best treatable when caught early so screening and early diagnosis are key. That’s why Norman Regional offers a combined heart and lung scan for only $125.
The noninvasive heart scan measures calcium content in your coronary arteries — a 10x better predictor of coronary episodes than cholesterol screening. The lung scan uses a low-dose computed tomography (CT) scan to noninvasively and painlessly screen for lung cancer.
Schedule a heart scan if you have any of these risk factors:
- Over age 35 for men and 40 for women
- Family history of heart disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Tobacco use
- Excessive stress
- Sedentary lifestyle
Schedule a lung scan if you have any of these risk factors:
- Are age 55 to 74
- Have smoked more than a pack a day for 30 years
- Currently smoke or have quit within the past 15 years
- Have been exposed to secondhand smoke for an extended period of time
- Previously had or currently have a job with exposure to radon, asbestos or diesel exhaust
The combined heart and lung scan takes about 10 minutes to complete and gives you either reassurance or a better chance to beat the odds of heart disease and lung cancer.
Click here or call 405-307-2290 schedule an appointment. No referral needed.
Norman Regional HealthPlex
3300 HealthPlex Parkway
Norman, OK 73072
Norman Regional Moore
700 S. Telephone Rd.
Moore, OK 73160