Norman Regional Senior Counseling Center
The later years of life should be a time of enjoyment and continued positive, intellectual and emotional growth. Senior adults experience a variety of unique and difficult life changes that can be overwhelming at times. For some, these challenges include declining physical or mental capabilities, the loss of independence and the loss of loved ones. These changes may cause confusion, depression, anxiety and withdrawal. Depression and anxiety are not a normal, natural part of the aging process but unfortunately are very common. Meeting the unique challenges of aging requires courage and sometimes a helping hand.
Healthy Aging with Norman Regional Senior Counseling Center
Norman Regional Senior Counseling Center is a provider of outpatient counseling services designed especially for senior adults. Our intensive outpatient program provides three group therapy sessions that incorporate fun and friendliness while discussing life's victories and challenges. A relaxed, comfortable environment is provided where patients participate in groups designed to promote achievement of individualized treatment goals. Lunch and snacks are served daily at no additional cost. Services are approved and monitored by a physician.
Signs you or a loved one could use help
- Irritability or agitation
- Loss of interest in activities
- Feelings of suspicion and mistrust
- Excessive worry and anxiety
- Tearfulness or crying spells
- Changes in self-care
- Difficulty with medication compliance
Advantages of Norman Regional Senior Counseling Center
- A dynamic approach combining the benefits of therapy and medication
- Clinical assessment by a board certified psychiatrist
- Multidisciplinary treatment team including; licensed therapists, registered nurse, and support staff
- Small psychotherapy groups to emphasize support and goal achievement
- Multidisciplinary team assessment
- Medication management
- Individualized treatment plans
- Group Therapy
- Physician supervision of all services
- Case management
Group therapy is offered from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday.
700 S. Telephone Rd., Suite 301
Moore, OK 73160
Transportation is provided within a 35-mile radius. Our vehicles are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
If you or someone you know could benefit from this program simply call 405-912-3495. A screening will be provided at your convenience in the comfort of your home. Medicare is accepted.