Comprehensive Cancer Care, Close to Home
We combine the latest technology in diagnostic and medical imaging, comprehensive laboratory services, inpatient and outpatient services, nutrition, social services, support and pastoral care in one location. Our medical staff includes leading surgeons, certified medical and radiation oncologists, and specialized nursing staff including a nurse navigator — all focused on providing a healing environment of trust, confidence and compassion. Norman Regional Health System is a member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers.
Our Medical Oncology Unit, located at Norman Regional Hospital, frequently receives some of the highest ratings in patient satisfaction. With 21 dedicated oncology beds, nurses certified in oncology and Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) chemotherapy, and an exceptional nurse-to-patient ratio of one nurse for every four or five patients, we ensure individualized attention and ultimately, better care.
Our radiation oncology department, in the Cancer Management Center, offers a variety of treatment options. Our staff includes board-certified radiation oncologists, a PhD medical physicist, a certified medical dosimetrist, certified radiation therapists and registered nurses — all dedicated to providing you with excellent care and a positive experience.
- Two dual photon energy linear accelerators with multiple electron energies
- Superficial X-ray machine for treating skin cancers
- Dedicated CT scanner for simulations
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy, which provides a high level of accuracy
- Mosaiq operating system for electronic charting and record keeping
External Beam Treatments
We offer 3-D conformal as well as intensity-modulated radiation therapy treatments (IMRT).
- High-Dose Rates (HDR): We offer accelerated partial breast irradiation for early-stage breast cancer that allows you to complete your course of radiation in about five days instead of the more conventional five to seven weeks.
- Low-Dose Rates (LDR): We use [KB1] radioactive implants in the treatment of prostate cancer, shown to provide cure rates equal to surgery or external beam radiation treatments, but with reduced side effects.