Starting at 7 a.m. Tuesday, March 30, Norman Regional Health System will welcome back visitors!
We are happy to open visitation back up, as visitors are a vital part of the patient's healing process. The following guidelines will be in place inside our facilities, including within the patient's room.
- Visitors are allowed at any time, unless specified by the unit.
- Masks are required at all times within Norman Regional's facilities, per the City of Norman's mask mandate that is in effect until June 1 and the CDC's (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines.
- Visitors will have their temperature taken and be asked screening questions before being allowed to enter.
- All waiting rooms will be open.
- Social distancing must be maintained in the waiting rooms and in patient rooms.
- The number of visitors allowed in a patient's room at a time depends on the size of the room, as social distancing must be maintained.
- Visitors are not allowed in COVID airborne isolation rooms. Virtual and window visitation is still encouraged.
- Once COVID patients downgrade from airborne isolation to droplet isolation, visitors may visit as long as they are compliant with PPE expectations per the type of isolation.
- Non-isolated patients receiving aerosolizing therapies may have visitors.
Thank you for following these guidelines and for helping us keep our patients, our healers, and our visitors safe.
People who may be sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed into the hospital unless they are seeking medical treatment.
The outbreak of COVID-19 is an ongoing, rapidly-changing situation and our visitation policies may continue to evolve. Please follow us on social media, check back here or subscribe to our eNewsletter to stay up-to-date.
Stay Informed about COVID-19
Helping You Stay Connected
Visits from a loved one are important to our patients and their mental health and well-being. Some ways visitors can stay in touch without coming to the hospital are:
- NRHS Virtual Visiting Rooms
- Connect virtually with FaceTime, Google Duo, WhatsApp or Skype
- Remember Norman Regional offers guest WiFi for those within the hospital. Patients can use our Guest WiFi during their stay.
Many of our clinics are offering virtual visits.
Please call your doctor's office to get more details. Click to see a list of our clinic locations.
Please see our People with COVID Symptoms blog for details including symptoms to look for.
However, our recommendation for people who think they may have COVID-19 is to alert NRHS even before coming to our facilities. We ask that people who suspect they may have this disease call the State Health Department Coronavirus Hotline at 877-215-8336 or their primary care provider.
Our outpatient clinics are also calling patients to pre-screen them for COVID-19.