Starting Monday, Nov. 9, 2020 visitors are NOT allowed for adult patient.
- Pediatrics, obstetrics, and the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). In these areas two patient representatives are allowed for the duration of the stay. Patient representatives are only allowed inside the building one at a time.
- The Emergency Department. Patient representatives will only be allowed for minors and medical need.
- Patients with disabilities who require care from a representative.
- Patients receiving end-of-life care.
Patient Representatives with a temperature at or above 100.5 F or who answer yes to a CDC screening question will not be allowed to enter. All limited, patient representatives will:
- Bring and wear a mask or facial covering
- Practice proper hand hygiene
- Follow social distancing guidelines especially in our waiting rooms and lobbies. Norman Regional will maintain compliance with CDC social distancing guidelines. This may limit the number of people in waiting areas
- Not visit patients or our facilities if exhibiting signs of a fever or symptoms of other illness.
For your safety and ours, please bring a facemask or face covering with you when you enter a Norman Regional (NRHS) location. Masks, scarves, bandanas or other facial coverings are all good options to wear to our facilities.
In our clinics, there is a limit of one visitor per patient and the visitor will remain in the waiting room until his or her temperature is taken. If the visitor’s temperature is at or above 100.5⁰F, he or she will not be allowed to stay in the clinic but will be given further instructions on how to seek care.
People who may be sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed into the hospital unless they are seeking medical treatment.
The outbreak of COVID-19 is an ongoing, rapidly-changing situation and our visitation policies may continue to evolve. Please follow us on social media, check back here or subscribe to our eNewsletter to stay up-to-date.
Stay Informed about COVID-19
Helping You Stay Connected
Visits from a loved one are important to our patients and their mental health and well-being. Some ways visitors can stay in touch are:
- NRHS Virtual Visiting Rooms
- Connect virtually with FaceTime, Google Duo, WhatsApp or Skype
- Remember Norman Regional offers guest WiFi for those within the hospital. Patients can use our Guest WiFi during their stay.
Many of our clinics are offering virtual visits.
Please call your doctor's office to get more details. Click to see a list of our clinic locations.
In our clinics, there is a limit of one visitor per patient and the visitor will remain in the waiting room until his or her temperature is taken. If the visitor’s temperature is at or above 100.4⁰F, he or she will not be allowed to stay in the clinic but will be given further instructions on how to seek care.
Please see our People with COVID Symptoms blog for details including symptoms to look for.
However, our recommendation for people who think they may have COVID-19 is to alert NRHS even before coming to our facilities. We ask that people who suspect they may have this disease call the State Health Department Coronavirus Hotline at 877-215-8336 or their primary care provider.
Our outpatient clinics are also calling patients to pre-screen them for COVID-19.