Our team is dedicated to patient safety especially in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch this video on how we keep you safe
Ready for Any Emergency
Our three locations offer the very best in expert emergency care.
Our Commitment to You
- We will listen to and communicate with our patients, their families, visitors and each other.
- We will do the things we say we will and do them well each time.
- We will continuously promote the human spirit of caring and a healthy environment.
Progressive Learning Environment
We pride ourselves on having one of the state’s most experienced nursing staffs. To accomplish this, we participate in a nurse extern/intern program that attracts and mentors new RNs. Physicians support our teams by creating an atmosphere of collegiality and continuous learning.
Norman Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department is among the top five busiest in Oklahoma, with 44 beds and more than 70,000 annual visits from patients in and around Norman. Our average patient length of stay is nationally competitive — currently less than two hours for treated and released patients. We provide comprehensive care delivered by teams of board- certified emergency physicians and trauma and critical care skilled registered nurses, ED techs, secretaries and lab assistants. During peak hours, five teams of physicians and staff work to treat patients quickly and safely.
- Two X-ray rooms within the ED
- Dedicated CAT scan
- 15 cardiac monitored rooms
Certifications and recognition:
- Level III Trauma Center
- Certified Stroke Center
- All emergency physicians are board certified/board eligible
- All registered nurses are ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certified
- Trauma nurses are TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course) certified
- CEN (Certified Emergency Nursing) status is encouraged and supported
- Nationally recognized by VHA Quality for initiatives in Cardiac Care, ED Throughput and Pneumonia
- Recognized by the National Patient Safety Congress for Innovative Initiatives leading to positive outcomes for patients
Norman Regional Moore Emergency Services is a 24/7 emergency room in Moore, Oklahoma. It offers outpatient laboratory and imaging so community members have a convenient location for lab work, including blood draws and diagnostic testing such as X-rays.
- Trauma area
- Fast Track rooms for minor illnesses and injuries
- Isolation room
- Treatment rooms
- Triage area
The Chest Pain Center Emergency Department is a 10-bed area designed to support the specialty HealthPlex hospital on Interstate 35 and W. Tecumseh Road. We are the first hospital in the Oklahoma City metro area to achieve Chest Pain Center accreditation from the American College of Cardiology (ACC), an international organization focused on helping cardiovascular care facilities meet strict criteria aimed at:
- Reducing the time from the onset of symptoms to diagnosis and treatment
- Treating patients more quickly during the critical window of time when the integrity of the heart muscle can be preserved
- Monitoring patients when it is not certain that they are having a heart attack to ensure they are neither sent home too quickly or needlessly admitted to the hospital