Important Information for your safety: In an effort to provide the utmost care for patient safety, the following conditions have been put into place at Norman Regional's Breast Care Center:
The clinic will limit the number of mammogram exams each day to allow for social distancing.
There will be no more than 4 people in the waiting room at all times.
Intensified cleaning processes in all areas of the center and will continue to monitor everyone who comes in for fever and other symptoms.
Patients will wait in their cars until called by clinic to enter.
Patients will be encouraged to bring their own mask or face covering. If you do not have a mask of your own, please let a member of our team know.
No visitors allowed.
What Makes Our Breast Care Center Unique:
Patient education resources
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved
- A nurse navigator to help guide patients through their journey with breast cancer
- Surgical area and private rooms exclusively designated for a woman’s comfort
We place the latest technology in the hands of our experienced and skilled physicians, mammographers, ultrasound technicians and registered nurses. To schedule an appointment call 405-307-2290.
Compassion in Your Corner
Our Breast Care Center offers a Nurse Navigator to help patients. The Nurse Navigators are registered nurses who helps patients understand diagnostic procedures and treatments available through the Breast Care Center. The Nurse Navigator’s other responsibilities include:
- Helping the uninsured receive financial assistance from state organizations
- Managing referrals to medical and radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons and therapists
- Sending timely information to patients in a monthly breast cancer newsletter
- Leading a support group for those facing breast cancer or a breast cancer diagnosis
- As a counselor, patient educator and advocate and knowledgeable clinician, the Nurse Navigator helps patients obtain the resources needed for breast cancer treatment.
For more information about the Nurse Navigator, call 405-307-2620.
Schedule Your Mammogram Today
Every woman is at risk for breast cancer. Mammograms are the single most effective method of early detection and identifying cancer in its most treatable stages. For women 40 and older, mammograms should be part of a yearly physical routine. Monthly breast self-examinations are also important for good breast health.
- Annual screening mammography for women beginning at age 40
- If you are under age 40 and have a family history of breast cancer or other concerns about your risk, talk with your doctor about when to begin mammography
- Have a clinical breast examination by your doctor at least every three years beginning at age 20 and every year after 40
- Beginning at age 20, perform monthly breast self-examinations
- Become familiar with the normal look and feel of your breasts – if ANY change occurs, report it to your doctor.
Norman Regional's Breast Care Center offers 3D mammography, also known as breast tomosynthesis. Three-dimensional mammography is a type of digital mammography in which X-ray machines are used to take pictures of thin slices of the breast from different angles and computer software is used to reconstruct an image.
3D mammography lets doctors better evaluate breast images, layer by layer, for greater accuracy. Greater accuracy means both better breast cancer detection and less of a chance a patient will need additional imaging/testing. 3D mammography is performed similar to traditional mammography.
Norman Regional’s Breast Care Center also offers Mammography and DEXA (bone density scanning) at Norman Regional Moore.
Please click here or call 405-307-2290 to schedule your mammogram at either location.
For more information on mammography click here.
Breast Care Center Hours
The Breast Care Center is open 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Norman’s Breast Care Center offers Saturday appointments two times a month from 7:30 a.m - 11:15 a.m.